Wellington has a world class Stadium and is setting the standards in quality of sporting and cultural experience for entertainment. To ensure that all patrons enjoy their Stadium experience, entry to the Stadium is subject to the following conditions. Stadium hirers may impose additional conditions for individual events.
Patron & Bag Searches
- All patrons and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering the Stadium
- Searches may also be carried out during an event and when leaving the Stadium.
- Patrons who refuse to participate in searches may be denied entry to the Stadium or asked to leave the venue.
- All vehicles entering and leaving the Stadium may be searched.
- Prohibited items will be confiscated.
All patrons entering the Stadium must be appropriately dressed. For your own safety and the enjoyment of everyone, please comply with the following:
Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency
- No bare feet are permitted
- No clothing or signs displaying offensive messages
- No Gang Patches
- No high visibility type vests or jackets that may be confused with security staff
Some events at Westpac Stadium encourage you to dress up. Please comply with the following guidelines when designing your costumes:
- Costumes must conform to reasonable standards of decency
- Your costume should not be so large that you take up more space than your allocated seat or impact the view of others.
- Accessories that look like or can be used as weapons are not permitted
These guidelines apply at all events.
Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in you being prevented from entering the Stadium. The decision of Westpac Stadium Management staff is final
Patrons are not allowed on the playing area before, during or after sports events. Breach of this rule will result in eviction, and issue of trespass notice
For certain events, access to the playing field may be permitted to patrons holding valid tickets. Patrons must follow the directions of Stadium staff.
Patrons may be refused entry to the Stadium if they:
- Appear intoxicated/under the influence of drugs or exhibit disorderly behaviour
- Fail to comply with security or gate staff requests
- Attempt to bring in prohibited items.
- Have been previously issued with a trespass notice that still applies
- Are not authorised to be in the Stadium, for example have no valid entry ticket or accreditation pass
Patrons will be asked to leave the Stadium if they:
- Use obscene language
- Are verbally or physically abusive, or behave in a disorderly or offensive manner
- Are intoxicated
- Are carrying out unauthorised activities within the Stadium
- Throw items in the air or onto the pitch (including during Mexican waves)
- Fail to comply with these policies
Patrons may bring the following food & drink items:
- Sealed clear plastic water bottles up to 1 litre in size (except for the Sevens tournament, where only empty plastic water bottles are permitted).
- Empty plastic water bottles may be filled in the Stadium from water outlets located at Aisles 2, 6, 9, 11, 23, 25, 28 & 32. The one litre size restriction applies.
- Small amounts of food for personal consumption, such as sandwiches, fruit, chippies, cakes etc.**
- Contained in one small bag per ticket holder
- Bag must be soft-sided and fit under your seat
Ample food and beverage outlets are easily accessible at the Stadium.
** Corporate box holders should refer to their Corporate Box License for the terms covering the supply of catering to the box.
Patrons may not bring into the Stadium:
- Beverages (refer to previous section for water arrangements)
- Thermos flasks
- Glass bottles or cans
- Hot food
- Commercially produced takeaway food such as McDonalds, KFC, Subway, pizza etc
- Chilly bins, picnic baskets or large bags
- Illicit Drugs
- Sound amplifiers including loudhailers
- Musical instruments
- Recording devices for commercial purposes
- Prams, strollers, pushchairs (There are limited storage facilities for these items at the entrance. However the Stadium takes no responsibility for loss or theft).
- Dogs or other pets (guide dogs are permitted)
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles
- Chairs of any kind
- Signs or banners that are obscene, offensive or abusive
- Flag poles of more than one metre in length
- Any other item that Stadium management determine may cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- There is no smoking in the Stadium bowl
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas:
- The area between the turnstiles and the main doors to the concourse
- The emergency exit spiral ramp at the northern end of the Stadium (between aisle 34 and 35).
- For the safety and security of patrons, surveillance cameras are in use throughout the Stadium
- Patrons must not sit or stand in aisles, or block entry doors or emergency exits.
- Some sporting and other activities are dangerous. Patrons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
- There are no pass outs. At some events, exit turnstiles may operate allowing re-entry with a valid ticket.
- Radios, CDs, TVs may be used only with earphones
- Patrons are requested to turn off cellphones during play or performances in the seating bowl
- Cameras, videos, tape recorders and other recording devices may be prohibited for certain events
- Umbrellas may not be raised in the seating bowl
- Patrons bring personal items into the Stadium at their own risk. The venue will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property
- Advertising promotions and product giveaways etc are not permitted on the Stadium property (this includes the walkways leading to the Stadium), unless expressly authorized by the Stadium Trust in writing. Any unauthorized product giveaways will be confiscated
- No alcohol is to be removed from the Stadium
- Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an accompanying adult.